Technology of virtual [ VR ] and augmented reality [ AR ] – a powerful tool in today's market of marketing and advertising
Our company is already implementing projects based on technologies such as:
- Kinect [ earlier Project Natal ] gestures control;
- VR: Virtual Reality;
- AR: Augmented Reality;
- persons and objects recognition;
to solve tasks in various industries. Depending on application it may be as a room / virtual reality booth and any non-standard system of virtual / augmented reality.
Fields of application interactive technology of virtual [ VR ]
blocks below are clickable
and augmented reality [ AR ]
- $1.6 billion by 2025;
- 32 million users;
- VR-solutions are already being used in sales of goods, real estate and cars;
- AR and VR technology will be used for sales of luxury goods
Market impact. The market of online software sales is estimated at $ 3 billion. Technology virtual and augmented reality can significantly improve sales results. With the help of virtual reality sellers can profitable to emphasize dignity of its products. Experts from the Bureau of Economic Analysis and Euromonitor estimated the market for home goods at $180 billion, and the clothing market - $260 billion in Application of virtual technology will reduce the number of "real" offline stores.
Current examples of technology application:
- Large shopping network products for house "Lowe" launched the Holoroom project in 6 of its stores. With the help of virtual reality technology Oculus buyers are able to assess future design of its kitchen or bathroom;
- Microsoft has started cooperation with the car manufacturer Volvo: HoloLens technology helps customers choose the right vehicle configuration;
- Clothing stores will use fitting rooms, equipped with of virtual or augmented reality technology, so customers can try things without touching them
- $11.6 billion (by 2025);
- 216 million users;
- The most promising market of virtual reality;
- High cost of creating a new game series (decreases with time)
Market impact. According to IDC, in 2015, the video game market is estimated at $106 billion. The influx of new users of technologies of virtual reality and augmented significantly increase this amount.
- 4.1 billion by 2025;
- Sporting events, concerts and traveling;
- Difficulty to obtain licenses for broadcasting
Potential number of users. Number of users has been estimated using statistical activities already carried out in the usual format:
- 715 million viewers watched broadcast of the World Cup in 2006;
- 160 million viewers watched broadcast of the final game of the championship Super Bowl in 2015;
- У телеканала ESPN насчитывается примерно 92 млн подписчиков
Market impact. According to estimates of "PricewaterhouseCoopers" (international auditing company) profit in 2015 from sales of tickets to sporting events was $44 billion. Total profit of all sports activities carried out in 2015 was $145 billion, on purchase of exclusive rights on broadcasting was spent to $35 billion, $45 billion received from donors and $20 billion - from sales of souvenirs.
- $3,2 billion by 2025;
- 79 million users;
- Inability to adapt existing content;
- Creation of a new entertainment industry;
- Necessity of special equipment
Potential number of users. According to analysts from "Goldman Sachs Internet Team" at the Netflix channel is now 462 million subscribers. Using of virtual reality technology can not be called now a mass but with time situation will change radically. In the long term virtual reality is able to occupy a significant niche in entertainment video.
- $2,6 billion;
- 300 thousands of users by 2025;
- Sotheby's has already uses virtual reality technology;
- A key factor - further development of VR-content
Market impact. Annual turnover of real estate market is estimated at $107 billion, data obtained from official sources: Borrell Associates, Land Institute of Japan. US real estate market is estimated at $52 billion, Japan - at $38 billion, United Kingdom - at $9 billion, Germany - $8 billion. About 50% of the money in real estate is paid to owners, 17% is spent on advertising and promotion, and 30% - for realtors.
- $1,4 billion by 2025;
- 700 thousands of users;
- VR technology for several years are used to prepare the US military specialists;
- Testing of combat situations and first aid;
- Emulate virtual war must be as realistically as possible
Market impact. According to official sources (CAE) in 2015 software market for training of military specialists was valued at $9.3 billion, of which $3.8 billion was spent on pilot training. According to representatives of the US Air Force the application of virtual reality technology significantly reduces cost of training pilots (approximately $1.7 billion for 2012 - 2016). Technical solution for pilot training costs more than $10 million. However, using of VR and AR technologies should significantly reduce overall cost of the Ministry of Defence to prepare Air Force experts and it is just one of many ways to apply the latest technologies in the military sphere.
- $4,7 billion by 2025;
- 3,2 million users;
- Working with paper and digital versions of drawings;
- Possibility to test the design work in virtual space
Market impact. Market sales of software for Design in 2015 was estimated at $20 billion, according to Research and Markets.
- $5,1 billion by 2025;
- 3,4 million users;
- Technology virtual and augmented reality can be used in treatment of phobias;
- Also, the technology will facilitate work of surgeons
Market impact. The market use of virtual and augmented reality technologies in the health care system an estimated $16 billion.
- $700 million by 2025 году;
- 15 million users;
- Apple has allocated for needs of the education system 8 million iPad for three years;
- Google announced support for educational institutions Google Cardboard
Market impact. In 2015 software market for education amounted to about $12 billion: $5.2 billion - school programs, $6.6 billion - for schools program.
Digital technologies such as augmented and virtual reality more and more find solutions on this very bright for perception market. Volumes of the market is difficult to assess but it is possible to say with confidence - the most unusual and innovative technological solutions and ideas are coming from here.
At the same time many of leading companies have long been introduced into their marketing communications this kind of technology to reach maximum wow-effect and promoting luxury-brands on the market. As the most vivid examples: carmakers [ Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo ... ], Mariott, Louis Vuitton and others, almost all fashion houses
According to various forecasts, virtual reality will become part of the mainstream after 4-5 years.
By 2020, low-cost mobile VR-system will appear for many that will expand the use of virtual reality in business to get more accurate data and to adapt to a different categories of users.